By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
P9O Newsletter
Join Us!

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our investigative stories, breaking news, podcasts etc..

Zero spam, Unsubscribe at any time.
  • Home
  • Nigeria
  • Politics
  • Metro
  • World
  • Lifestlye
  • Football
  • 2023 Election
Reading: BREAKING: Suspected bandits abduct 300 schoolgirls in Zamfara
Prime 9ja Online
Prime 9ja Online Prime 9ja Online
Aa
  • Africa
  • Business
  • Football
  • Metro
  • Nigeria
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Technology
Search
  • Categories
  • _Football
  • _Lifestyle
  • _World
  • _Metro
  • _Politics
  • _Nigeria
  • Pages
  • _About Us
  • _Contact Us
  • _Privacy Policy
Follow Us
News

BREAKING: Suspected bandits abduct 300 schoolgirls in Zamfara

A report from Zamfara State indicates that about 300 female students of Government Secondary School, Jangebe have been abducted by suspected...

Onuwa John
Onuwa John - Managing Editor February 26, 2021
Updated September 15, 2021 at 1:32 PM
Share
BREAKING: Suspected bandits abduct 300 schoolgirls in Zamfara
SHARE
Bandits, Zamfara, Suspect, Breaking


A report from Zamfara State indicates that about 300 female students of Government Secondary School, Jangebe have been abducted by suspected armed bandits.

The schoolgirls were discovered missing on Thursday night after a headcount.

It was reported that the Zamfara State Government has confirmed the abduction.

The confirmation was made by the Commissioner of Security and Home Affairs, Alhaji Abubakar Dauran in a brief interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Gusau on Friday

The abductors in their hundreds invaded the town and took away the students at about 2 a.m.

“I can confirm to you now that we have sadly received the report on the abduction of the students of GGSS Jangebe and right now, I am on my way to the school.

“At this moment, l cannot say how many students were taken away by the gunmen until l get there, but we have already mobilized security men and members of the vigilantatè who are now in pursuit of the abductors,” the commissioner stated.

A staff of the school who spoke to NAN on condition of anonymity said, “the gunmen in their hundreds invaded the town around 2am on Friday, shot sporadically in the air to scare the residents before coming into the school.

“After taking away most of the students, we rounded up those that escaped or hid from the bandits and conducted a census where we counted 54 students and we are still searching to see if we can get more.”

Also, a resident who gave his name as Haliru Jangebe said the local vigilantes had tried to repel the invaders but were overpowered.

“The bandits were too many and they all seemed to be carrying heavy arms as we heard gunshots from all parts of the town and when the shots stopped, we heard that the students had been taken away,” he said.
Tags: News

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share this Article
Facebook WhatsApp TwitterEmail Print

You Might Also Like

Facebook Like
Twitter Follow
Pinterest Pin
Telegram Subscribe
Prime 9ja Online

Subscribe to our newsletter to receive our latest updates instantly on your email.

About

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Disclaimer
  • Fact-Checking Policy
  • Code of Ethics
  • Corrections and Correctives
  • Editorial Integrity
  • Ethical Conduct
  • Funding

Connect

  • Contact Us
  • Advertise
  • Submit a Tip

© 2025 Prime 9ja Online Media - All Rights Reserved.

Follow Us